Wednesday, December 17, 2008

H K U S T submitted

It’s such a relief. I submitted my HKUST application today (my second app). In the beginning, I didn’t expect my essays to go really well considering the word limit of 200words/1200chars for each of 6 essays. But I am pretty satisfied with 5 of them.
It was the last day of first deadline. There are still 5 hours to go before midnight but due to time difference, it is safe to submit it early. The deadline is specified as 17-Dec and no time is given, i.e. HK time or GMT. When I submitted my application fee on the night of 11th Dec, I got a message on screen – “your payment has been received on 12-Dec, 1:43am”. So it must be HK time only.
I slept at 4 in the morning. Very tired.
Thanks to my B-San and my friends who reviewed my essays and provided valuable inputs.
Thanks

2 comments:

arevl said...

why HKUST? Just interested to know...

McCoy said...

@arevl
HKUSTs rank is going up every year.. though i do not care for ranks much if the college is a fit for me and vice versa..
main reason for applying to HKUST -
strategic location.. opens a gate to china
i want to work in asia after my mba and if we dont consider the current global turmoil for a minute, china is going to be a bigger thing in next few years..
HK is no less than NY or London.. so getting an mba from HK will be an added advantage for working in HK or china
and .. wat else...
ya fee is very less as compared to top US bschools..
:)
where are you applying..?
and ya.. let me read your blog :)