Monday, October 6, 2008

Dropping Kelley :(

Kelley, Indiana University, needs TOEFL score as well. I was pretty impressed by Kelley in the MBA fair in New Delhi, on 27th September. Kate O’Malley, Associate Director, Marketing was representing Kelley in MBA fair held in Intercontinental Hotel. Once I started listening to Kate, I realized, how much a B-school like Kelley adds to your personality. She was repeating the question first, asked by someone standing over there, and then giving a very sensible answer, addressing each and every person standing on that stall. I listened to other representatives and alums but I was very impressed by Kate, representing Kelley and Veronica Ho who was representing USC Marshall.
Moreover, the Kelley curriculum is really impressive. The real time industry experience while you are still in college adds so much to your personality and profile. Moreover Kelley Business School is very well known for Specialization in Marketing.
I made my mind to apply in Kelley. I did a good research on Kelley. But Kelley needs the applicant to take TOEFL as well. The first round deadline is 15-Nov-08. I have time but I will not be able to manage taking TOEFL and writing essays for Kelley and other schools, so I am dropping Kelley for now.
I have not started writing yet. So I better get back to the thinking process.
Chao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am contemplating apping to Kelley, but their insistense on TOEFL worries me too!! I'll be relatively freer after Emory on Nov 1 and can take TOEFL then..
But ETC does take a good 1-2 weeks to release scores. Will be writing a mail to them to consider my app in R1 if possible if TOEFL is just the last piece left to reach them.

Hope they'll adjust.. Would suggest you to take this route as well.