Wednesday, October 29, 2008

HKUST - still Not Out!!

I looked into HKUST more and some guys on pagalguy.com gave me real insight into the school. No doubt, the school is great for Finance and HK is the hub for financial institutes and since HKUST is ranked 17th globally by FT and 11th by … (I don’t remember), you cannot go wrong with HKUST if you are a finance guy.
But the school offers quality education in other functions too and since I am somewhat inclined towards asian market and also considering the cost and ROI, I am still considering HKUST.
I am looking for a career in Information Management/Systems or General Management. Not at all interested in Finance(as of now) and Marketing requires you to have good Mandarin speaking skills if you are targeting China for that matter. So as of now I am considering management career in Tech companies only.
Any insight from any of you would help and will be appreciated.
HKUST – still there. :)

While reading about HKUST, I thought about NUS as well. Didn’t go deep into that but got an idea that NUS has majority of Indian students, that is what I do not want. A single HKUST batch represents at around 21 countries. Wouldn’t that be great listening to someone from Japan, Thailand, Russia, UK, USA, South Africa and so many other places. Diversity is one thing I am looking for.
Will do more research on NUS though.

chao

4 comments:

Nishant Sharma said...

do report your NUS findings...look out forNTU too.. any thoughts on Univ Of Toroto??

McCoy said...

NUS.. I will start in another one week..
I have not looked into Univ. of Toronto.. but yeah Queen's University is worth looking into.. I will write about that soon. it offers one year course.. cost is less as compared to US b schools. team based approach.. first deadline is 28th nov.. but its on rolling basis.. a few have already been offered admits.. so go fast if you want to look into Queen's univ.
will look into univ of toronto soon..

Rohan said...

hey,
what's ur profile like?
i am apping this yr too...
Thanks
Rohan

Dissertation Writing service said...

This kind of information is very limited on internet. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria. Your updated and informative post will be appreciated by blog

MBA Finance Dissertation writing