Sunday, October 5, 2008

Loan Co-signer..

When you are applying for a Bschool in USA, or I should say when you start thinking about applying in a Bschool, there are lot many things you should consider before applying.
Generic things like – what do you want out of a 2 year MBA course, which school you want to get in, which function/industry are you looking for after your MBA.
These are the things, everyone thinks about but there are few things you need to care of.
My mentor ‘B San’ kept on telling me this and today I really took care of it.
There are a few schools for which you need a Co-signer to get a loan for your Tution fee + expenses. There are some schools which don’t need any co-signer upto your tution fee and if you need loan for your expenses as well, you need a co-signer and third category is the best one – No co-signer needed for a loan upto tuition fee + living expenses.
I have a very close friend of mine in US and I was counting on him. He had asked me not to worry about the monetary matters and concentrate on my GMAT and application part.
Now I am done with my GMAT and trying to work upon my applications, so I thought I should talk to him :)
So I talked to him. And now I am applying to the schools which do not require any co-signer up to tuition fee. Expenses will be taken care of by him. Thanks bro.

I could not sleep last night. All the time I was thinking about essays. Some schools are asking me about –
• my career objectives
• my 5 year plans, 10 year plans
• What are the 2 or 3 strengths or characteristics that have driven your career success thus far? Do you have other strengths that you would like to leverage in the future?
• What do you expect from your MBA program? How and when will you measure the return on your investment in the MBA?
• Briefly describe the career path you intend to pursue immediately after b-school. Explain why this career option appeals to you and why an MBA is appropriate at this time.
• Describe an ethical dilemma that you faced in your professional career. How was it resolved and what did you learn from the experience?


And the most interesting one from Kelly, Indiana University
• Suppose you had to choose three people people alive now or people from another era to travel with you on a cross-country automobile trip. Who would you choose and why? What would you hope to learn from them? (Think carefully about the company you want on those long stretches through Nebraska or Kansas.)

Come on man. I feel like I don’t know myself. I know what I want 10 years down the line but these things are not specific. I do not know which industry/function I want to work after my MBA.
I really need to think, think and think.
I hope putting my thoughts over here will keep me on the track.
Chao

2 comments:

KaRiShMa said...

hey, im not into this blogging thingi, but was looking a b schools happen to stumble upon urs.

Ive done my undergrad at Purdue, its an amazing college, campus is supperb!

in terms of loans its very easy getting one from salley mae, it was for me atleast 4 yrs back, things might have changed from then not sure, but u can check the site. Loans if i am not mistaken u can avail only after your fist semister, no co-signer needed.

tc,
karishma

McCoy said...

Thanks Karishma.
after dropping HKUST, i am surely gonna apply to Purdue.
Purdue is a great insti and even expenses are less at purdue, as compared to other B schools in US.
do let me know more abt Krannert, if you have some idea.