Sunday, November 30, 2008

Emory submitted, HKUST next

Yesterday, I submitted my Goizueta Business School application. My recommenders still have to submit the recos in a day or 2 and my application will be complete.
It is such a relief to submit essays. Thanks to my reviewers, they did a great job in pointing out gaps, mistakes in my essays and adding a lot of value.
It was my first application and I took a long time to complete the process. I hope that the process for next applications will be accelerated as I know things better now. I thought to take a day off and I did.
Due to time constraint, I had to push CEIBS to 2nd round :(
HKUST is next
But now I realize the next deadline is just 2 weeks away. I need to start working on the essays, though not from scratch but HKUST people are not very generous with word limits. There are 6 essays and word limit for 4 essays is only 200 words and for rest of them, its 300 words.
How am I going to compress everything to just 200 words?
I have got a bag full of things and I need to put everything in small pockets now. Lets see how things go with HKUST.
The first deadline for HKUST is 17-Dec. I will need to submit everything by 14-Dec so that my recommenders get good enough time to submit the recos.

HKUST Essays:
1. Please tell us your motivations to pursue an MBA program, and why is now the best timing to do one.

2. Please elaborate on your career goals. How will your academic training, professional experience coupled with an MBA education at HKUST help you achieve your goals?

3. If admitted, how can your participation at HKUST MBA enrich fellow students' experience inside or outside classroom?

4. Please pick and answer ONE of the two topics in the space below.
4a. Describe a situation where your initial attempt to solve a problem failed. Tell us how you get around to finally solve the problem.
Or
4b. Describe a situation where you created opportunities for yourself and led to a favorite outcome.

5Please pick and answer ONE of the two topics in the space below.
5a. Tell us a situation when you experienced challenges in team setting, and what you have done to help the team achieve its goals.
Or
5b Describe a situation when you got frustrated over differences in culture or work style. What have you learnt from that experience?

6. What do you want the Admissions Committee to know about you as a person?

Zaijian (Good bye)

1 comment:

Vani said...

If you get an interview call from Emory, please do visit InterviewBay.com to get more information about interviews.

I suggest MBA candidates speak to as many alumni/current students as possible before the interview. I strongly believe that a current student or an alumnus knows the best about their school, and what qualities their school looks for in an MBA candidate.

InterviewBay provides mock interviews directly from your target school's alumni and current students.

Best Regards,
Vani
http://www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For The Interview