Monday, November 17, 2008

First Interview Call

One must go to all the MBA fairs happening all around in Sep-Oct for many reasons. You get to know a lot more about the schools when you meet the alums, current students or some one from Adcom who come as a representative of the respective school.
I went to one such MBA fair at the Intercontinental in New Delhi, on September 27, 2008. It was great to hear from the representatives of the schools about the school, course structure, scholarships, fee, student profiles, numerous questions from applicants and answers. I met 2 of my batch mates too and we exchanged our phone numbers. :)
Because of attending just one fair, I got umpteen mails from many schools. 2 days back, I got a call from recruitment officer of HULT International Business School. He was calling from Boston, and at first I thought it was a friend calling from US :)
Then I realized it was someone else. So I apologized and started a conversation. He offered me an interview which was to be held today. I had heard about this school but had done no research. I accepted the offer as I had nothing to lose. If the school is good I would go for filling applications, if not then it will be kind of a dry run for things coming in future.
The time was set 4:30pm New Delhi time but I got a call at 4:38pm. I was told that we would be talking about my career till date and my short term, long term goals in the next 20 minutes. Simple questions were asked and I was ready for things to come thus did a decent job.
US schools and may be all global schools except Indian schools, want to know more about you, your goals, where as in India, their focus is more on asking questions like finance, current market situation, companies and their CEOs and they judge you on how much you know what is going on. US schools ( I have read so much on threads and blogs) ask about you, your goal clarity, why MBA and why their school/university.
I will not be applying to HULT because of many reasons but it was a good experience.

Emory still not submitted and CEIBS first deadline is approaching. m dead.

Zai Jian (its pronounced as Chai chian, correct me if m wrong)

1 comment:

Ralph Du said...
This comment has been removed by the author.