Saturday, November 1, 2008

Introspection and writing essays..

You want to apply to a B-school? Are you sure?
This is important. Because if you are not sure, be sure first and then start the process. Or may be start the process and then you will have a better idea.
When I started this whole process, I didn’t know anything (obviously). I started with talking to my mentor – B San and reading random blogs. I was amazed with how much people knew about their future goals and about themselves. You know yourself? Really?
I didn’t. I didn’t know where I was going and what I really wanted to do. Ask yourself – where do you see after 5-10 years. I was always blank after asking myself this question. Of course I always wanted a good life, money, a big house, financial stability, international trips and so on. But I could not see myself in a career after 5 years. Of course I wanted to lead, be important but where and when and how. I didn’t know much.
But since I have started writing some essays, I have started knowing myself better and now I see future.. not literally but ya, now I have some idea about, not what my future will be, but how I want it to be.
Writing essays.. its gonna be a bumpy ride.. but trust me.. this is one of the most important phases of your life. I would suggest, go on and write some essays even if you are not planning for mba in near future.. after writing the essays.. may be you will.
hasta luego..

P.S.
After writing just 2 essays, I feel like I have done a lot .. but still I am no where and still have to do a LOT.
I have miles to go before I sleep..

No comments: